At its recent 32nd Annual Gift Giving meeting the Strimbu Memorial Fund Board of Directors voted to disperse over $148,500 in grant allocations to local economic development and charitable organizations.
Even in the midst of the pandemic, the Strimbu Memorial Fund continued to give a hand up to the following organizations in 2020. We commend them for their service to our community. Grants awarded total nearly $148,500.
- American Red Cross-Greater Akron & the Mahoning Valley Chapter
- Building of Hope
- COVID-19 Grant to Trumbull County
- Freedom Warrior Charitable Fund
- Hope Center for Arts & Technology (HopeCat)
- Inspiring Minds
- Joshua’s Haven
- Leadership Scholarships
- Mercer County Coalition for Drug Awareness
- Mercer County Mentoring
- PA/OH Gives
- Penn Northwest Development Corporation
- Raw Boxing & Fitness Community Center
- St. Vincent DePaul Society
- Salvation Army of Sharon
- Shenango Valley Meals on Wheels
- Single Mother with Cancer
- Trumbull Mobile Meals
- United Way of Mercer County-Success by Six
- Vinework Initiatives-Eagle’s Nest
“The Strimbu Memorial Fund awarded these grants to assist in these organization’s development efforts and take care of the basic needs of food, shelter and clothing,” said Bill Strimbu. “Their work is extremely important and beneficial to our surrounding communities.”
Also at its Annual Gift Giving meeting, Bernie Carpenter, Harrison Strimbu, Robert Kokor, Jim Grasso, Ron Rice and Bill Strimbu were re-elected to terms ending in 2023.
Since its creation in 1990, the Strimbu Memorial Fund has provided over $3.8 million in donations to local economic development, individuals, scholarships and charitable organizations.
“We continue to perpetuate the legacy of Nick Strimbu Jr. of philanthropic giving to assist with the needs of our community,” said President of the Board Jim Grasso. “Now in our 32nd year, we still aspire to give a hand up, not a hand out.”